The Hanover Consumer Cooperative Society exists to provide cooperative commerce for the greater good of our members and community.
Seven distinct groups comprise our members and community: Co-op members, Non-member customers, Co-op staff and their families, Local suppliers, Local community, Larger cooperative community, Past and future generations of Hanover Co-op members
Because of the Hanover Consumer Cooperative Society:
1. The Upper Valley will have a retail source of food that is affordable, healthy, grown and/or processed locally to the fullest extent possible.
2. There will be economic value returned to the community via charitable contributions, outreach projects, patronage refunds to member and other avenues.
3. Customers and staff will be better educated about food issues and, as a result, make healthier choices.
4. There will be a vibrant cooperative sector in the economy, both nationally and regionally, and a local community educated in the value of cooperative principles and enterprises.
5. The cooperative’s bioregion will have a vibrant local agricultural community and that community will, in turn, have a reliable retail market for its products.
6. There will be a major source of employment in the community that provides personal satisfaction to employees, livable wages and financial security for employees and their families.
7. There will be a thriving business organization that protects and restores the environment.
Want to read our Policy Governance document in detail? Download the PDF below. If you’d like to know anything else about the Board of Directors and Policy Governance, we’ll happily put you in touch with our interim Board Administrator. Please AprilHarkness [at] coopfoodstore.com (email her) your suggestion or question.
Nourish. Cultivate. Cooperate.
45 South Park Street
Hanover, NH 03755
(603) 643-2667 7 am-8 pm