Hanover Cooperative Community Fund
Over twenty years ago, the Hanover Consumer Cooperative Society’s Board of Directors set up a fund to support other cooperatives—the Hanover Cooperative Community Fund (HCCF). Over the years, HCCF has contributed about $500,000 toward an endowment helping cooperatives from all different sectors from all over the country. Funds are raised through product sales, member and vendor contributions, and events like our annual golf tournament.
Aligning Cooperative Principle 6, Cooperation among Cooperatives, the endowment supports other cooperatives young and old, near and far and the interest earned on the fund is returned to us for local distribution. The HCCF Community Project Grant and Gerstenberger Scholarship help us to do just that.
Co-op Announces 2022 HCCF Awards
This year, we had 9 applicants (all local non-profits) and $15,200 to allocate—with a cap of $2,500 for each project. The selection committee reviewed each application carefully.
The 2022 HCCF Awards are:
- Kearsarge Food Hub – Plastic Reduction Program - $2,500
- Friends of Canaan Village, Inc. – Flower Planters - $1,200
- White River Land Collaboration – Community Gathering Space - $2,500
- COVER Home Repair – Home Weatherization Programs - $2,500
- Growing Peace Project – Teaching Gardens - $2,500
- Friends of Northern Rail Trail – Cycling with Age Program - $2,500
- Vital Communities – Gerstenberger Scholarship for Leadership Upper Valley - $1,500
Congratulations to all of our recipients, and thank you to everyone who applied! The decisions are never easy. We look forward to reading your applications again next year!
And thank you to our members and vendors who’ve contributed throughout the years! Your contributions really do make a difference!