You are here
About Co-op Rewards
Our rewards program gives back every time you shop!* CO-OP Rewards replaces the 10% monthly member discount.
The purpose of CO-OP Rewards is to reward you for being an owner of the business and a regular Co-op shopper.
How Does it Work?
- Every day you earn 2% on New Hampshire and Vermont products and 1% on all other purchases.*
- The more you shop, the more you earn. Especially when you buy local!
- Earn even more during multiplier events. These special promotions allow you to earn 3% or more on various purchases.
- Shop with your earned rewards. Use them regularly or save them up and use them occasionally. It’s up to you. There isn't a set minimum or maximum.
- You have a whole year to use your CO-OP Rewards. Rewards expire a year from date earned.
Want More Ways to Save?
Look for additional special discounts just for members throughout the year, including an expanded selection of Co+op Basics, Buy-One-Get-One-Free Deals (BOGOs), Big Deals, and promotions that allow you to multiply rewards. Learn more here.
If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to us anytime and leave us a comment.
How do I enroll in the Co-op Rewards program?
We do it for you! All Co-op members (own 10 shares or more) are automatically enrolled.
Can I decline enrollment or asked to be removed from it?
Absolutely. Just call or visit our Member Services desk. Please note that it may take two or more business days to process.
Where can I find out how many Rewards I have?
Call or visit our Member Services desks or simply ask your cashier. Your CO-OP Rewards are also listed on your receipts.
How long do I have to use my Rewards?
One year. Specifically, 365 days from when they are earned.
Do I earn Rewards on every product that I buy?
Yes! This includes special orders, case orders, alcohol, and sale items. And remember, CO-OP Rewards are double if the products are local (New Hampshire and Vermont)—including local craft beer and wine!
What isn’t included?
Rewards are for product purchases only. Services like auto repairs, postage stamps, Fedco seeds, and Co-op Classes are not included.
Can I earn or use Rewards at the Co-op Auto Service Centers?
Rewards are for Co-op Food Stores product purchases only. Gas, repairs and other purchases at our Auto Service Centers are not included.
Can I use Rewards on every product that I buy?
Almost! Every product but alcohol. This is prohibited by legal restrictions in N.H. and Vt.
Can I donate my Rewards?
No, not at this time.
Can I get cash back for my Rewards?
No. Rewards are just for product purchases.
Can I return an item if I used my Rewards?
Of course! Just be sure to give the cashier your member number when you make the return, and we'll make the adjustment. The Rewards earned from original purchase will be subtracted from your Rewards balance.
My household has multiple memberships. Can we combine our Rewards?
Rewards are attached to individual member numbers and can't be combined. Pro tip! We suggest that households use only one member number to earn the most Rewards.
Are subscribers eligible for Co-op Rewards?
Rewards are for full members only—those who own 10 shares or more. Not a member yet? Let's fix that.
Rewards didn't show up on my account. Why?
If you didn't provide your member number to the cashier, Rewards would not be applied to your account. If this is the case, please just call or visit our Member Services desk.. We'll need your member number and a receipt if you have it. We'll add the Rewards manually. (Just give us a day or two!)
Can I redeem my Rewards at the self-checkout?
Yes! The screen will prompt you automatically and ask you if you want to redeem your Rewards.
Can I use my Rewards immediately upon earning them?
No. You cannot redeem Rewards that are earned in the same transaction. Co-op Rewards may take up to 24 hours to be reflected in your account.
I didn't earn the Rewards I expected. What gives?
Didn't get double the Rewards for a local item? A promotional item didn't give you double or triple the Rewards like we told you it would? No problem! Glitches happen. Just call or visit our Member Services desk. We'll need your member number and a receipt if you have it. We'll take care of it, promise!
So why was the 10% member discount discontinued?
Great question. As owners, it’s important for all of us to understand how a changing landscape impacts our business. In response to the pandemic and to promote social distancing, we transitioned from specific discount days each month to a discount that could be used any time once per month.
The financial environment we operate in now is very different from the one we operated in when we first launched a discount program several years ago. Today, in addition to an unsustainably high overall cost, this discount model hurts our ability to price competitively. It also doesn't encourage anyone to shop our business regularly. So we set out to create something new—a program that would reward our members while simultaneously building a strong business for future cooperative generations.
Our new Co-op Rewards program does exactly that. It still provides a great benefit for our member-owners, but this one is good for members and the Co-op we all own, too. Do you have more questions about why? Visit this page for more detailed information.
Still have questions?
Have a question we haven't covered here? We'd love to hear from you. Contact us. A live person will get back with you!
* CO-OP Rewards are for Co-op Food Stores product purchases only. CO-OP Rewards excludes gas, auto service center repairs/purchases, Co-op Learning Center classes, bottle deposits, donations, Pennies for Change, membership dues and shares, member charge accounts, Fedco Seed orders, postage stamps, and delivery and shipping charges. CO-OP Rewards can be earned, but not redeemed, on alcohol, and redeemed, not earned, on gift cards.
The Co-op defines New Hampshire and Vermont (“local”) products as grown, produced, tapped or collected in New Hampshire or Vermont. All other products are considered local if two or more of the three following requirements are met:
1) 50% or more of the ingredients in the product are made in N.H. or Vt. according to requirements above.
2) The product is processed in N.H. or Vt. – this includes pressing, baking, brewing, fermenting, drying, milling, canning, bottling, roasting, or otherwise substantially transforming the product.
3) The primary headquarters of the product manufacturer is located in N.H. or Vt.
Nourish. Cultivate. Cooperate.