Code of Conduct
It is the responsibility of all who visit our locations, to engage in appropriate behavior while interacting with Co-op employees.
We ask that shoppers:
- Be a good role model for other members and shoppers by following any policies put into place to protect the health and welfare of our employees and shoppers.
- Treat our employees and other shoppers respectfully while in all of our locations.
- Act in such a way as to not prevent employees from performing their job duties.
- Respect the personal space of shoppers and employees while shopping or interacting with others. Give employees unrestricted space on the sales floor to restock products or to empty boxes from a cart.
- Ask to speak with a manager if there is a problem.
- Avoid using abusive or obscene language when speaking to others to maintain a positive customer experience and pleasant work environment.
- Fighting, engaging in violent, tumultuous or threatening behavior are not allowed.
- Refrain from recording other shoppers and/or employees either by video and/or audio without their knowledge or consent.
Co-op shoppers are welcome in our locations at any time during regular operating hours. Operating hours are posted on our website and at each location.
Shoppers who engage in inappropriate behavior will be asked to stop. If the behavior continues, they will be asked to leave that location. Repeated and/or serious incidents of inappropriate behavior may result in being banned from all of our locations.
It is the responsibility of Co-op employees to welcome all who enter our retail stores and service centers and provide them with a positive customer experience as well as a variety of quality products from which to choose.
Co-op employees are required to:
- Be a good role model for other employees by following any policies put into place to protect the health and welfare of other employees and shoppers.
- Treat all visitors with respect.
- Provide pleasant and cordial interactions with shoppers.
- Fulfill requests promptly and efficiently.
- See that the needs of the shoppers are being met in the best way possible.
- Seek assistance from a supervisor or manager when a question or situation arises that the employee cannot fulfill or resolve.
- At all times, adhere to the employee code of conduct and other good employee behaviors as written in the employee handbook.
Employees who engage in inappropriate behavior will be asked to stop or they may be sent home. Persistent inappropriate behavior will result in corrective action up to and including termination of employment.